Wednesday 31 July 2013

Summer holiday?

I hope that everyone is enjoying their summer holiday and taking time to relax and enjoy their family and friends. It has been non-stop here since the last day. Jasmine is getting bigger by the day and Freddie is enjoying his role as 'big brother'.
It has been rather hectic to say the least however. Freddie had a trip to A & E following bumping his chin and biting through his bottom lip. He has a small scar and a little chip in one of his teeth as a memento but isn't bothered whatsoever!
Jasmine has been keeping us at night but she is very well behaved and very relaxed so we have been rather lucky and are trying to sleep as often as possible to keep up with them!

I wanted to say a big 'thank you' for being such a wonderful class this year. It is always hard to say goodbye to a class, especially one that contains children who I have taught many times and gotten to know so well. I will never forget you all and have some wonderful memories that I will always cherish. I hope that you go on to achieve great things in the future and know that each and every one of you has a bright future ahead if you want it. People often underestimate what hard work can get you but you have shown that with determination and hard work you can exceed all expectations and do wonderful things.
I want to apologise for any grumpiness and moaning that I have done over the year and hope that you understand that it was always in your best interests and purely from the desire to see you perform and achieve to your fullest potential. I hope that you have enjoyed the past year as I certainly have, and enjoy the opportunities high school will bring.

Thank you also for all the wonderful presents and cards, I was overwhelmed with the generosity shown and although I will eat the chocolate and drink the beer, I will keep the cards for years to come.

So, thank you all from the bottom of my heart, I will miss you all and look forward to hearing from you and about you next year.

Love,

Mr Loome


P.S We just topped 23,000 page views! This is incredible, you are top bloggers!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Mr Loome, you've taught us well and inspired us through the year. We have all enjoyed being in year 6 and are ready to move up, we'll miss everyone in the school especially Mr Loome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... Thanks Mr Loome. I've loved being in your class and will miss you lots when we start high school. You've been a great teacher (#1) and I'm so sad to leave :( see you soon!
    Elise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 2! It's very sad to leave the school. Mr. Loomes been the kindest teacher ever and I'm sure we'll all miss you a lot :) Goodbye Hillside, hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im a hillsider

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im going to miss you Mr loome thanks for helping me I hope you and your family have a great life good bye hillside

    ReplyDelete