Wednesday 1 May 2013

A happy birthday

Today is my birthday and it has been quite eventful to say the least. It started off with Freddie banging his head quickly followed by me spilling coffee granules all over the kitchen worktop and floor. Following this disastorous few minutes I enjoyed a brief card and present opening session before getting ready for work. I left for work in glorious sunshine, wishing I could spend the day outside, knowing I would spend the day inside.
My wonderful children sang me a lovely rendition of 'Happy Birthday' and avoided the temptation of changing the words to relate the tune to looking like a monkey. Maybe I had experienced too many cards with monkeys on and was a touch paranoid.It was very touching to be given a selection of handmade and bought birthday cards from the class, who are so incredibly generous, if not a little noisy. I never expect cards or gifts and am genuinely overwhelmed and grateful when I receive them, especially the handmade ones or those with a kind message inside - I don't check the spelling in cards!
Clutching a handful of cards and some chocolate, I returned home to a wonderful birthday cake which had been freshly baked and made that morning so I felt I would share a photograph of the cake before I set about demolishing it. There is now less than a quarter left!

4 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm nice cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks lush did Freddie help make it and help eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Mr.Loome! (The cake looks scrumptious :) )

    ReplyDelete